13-Year-old Girl Running From Dog Dies of Electrocution in Lagos

13-Year-old Girl Running From Dog Dies of Electrocution in Lagos

A teenage girl, Taiye Ojo, tragically lost her life due to electrocution at her home in Makoko, a neighbourhood in Yaba, Lagos State.

The 13-year-old’s death occurred on Saturday when she was startled by a dog’s barking in her residence’s compound and ran to avoid it.

Newera News learnt that the late Taiye was heading to the toilet on the premises when the dog started barking, causing her to flee.

In her rush to escape, she accidentally came into contact with the outdoor unit of an air conditioner, leading to her electrocution.

She was rushed to a nearby hospital where, sadly, she was declared dead. This incident provoked fear among her house’s residents and the neighbouring community.

According to Punch, authorities at Sabo Police Station were informed about the tragic incident. Taiye was subsequently laid to rest following Islamic customs.

A police report of the case stated, “A dog was barking at her while she was going to the toilet, and when she tried to escape from the dog, her hand mistakenly touched the window unit air conditioner which electrocuted her.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *